Join us for the 9th Annual Luke's Wings Heroes Gala!
Luke’s Wings places high priority on protecting your privacy and personal information. This policy was created to explain what type of information is collected by Luke’s Wings and how the information is used. Please note, Luke’s Wings does not collect information on individuals unless they are applying for services and/or making a donation to our mission.
When making a donation, online or via check, we gather:
- First and last name
- Billing/shipping address
- Donation amount
- Additional information for online donations can be found at give.lukeswings.org
- Please note, we do not save any financial information, including credit card numbers, when making a donation
When requesting services, we gather:
- Name of the service member, details regarding their injury and current military status
- Name, contact information, date of birth and other information of passenger as required by airlines
What we do with the information gathered:
For flight applications:
- Information is used by our third-party travel agent, Direct Travel, to book flights
- Information, like email address and mailing address, is used to keep in contact and/or send important updates and information regarding our services
- Your information will be used to send thank you notes and acknowledgement letters upon receipt of donation
- Information, like email address and mailing addressed, are used to send various notifications including, but not limited to, newsletters, upcoming events, exciting updates and to request future support
Luke’s Wings does not provide, sell or rent email address to anyone outside of the organization.
We will not sell or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
We may share PII with third parties in limited circumstances. For example, we may include your information to third parties for tributes and events.
This policy applies to all information received by Luke’s Wings, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform”, includes the Luke’s Wings website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures, policies, and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or unauthorized disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the information, concerned, including,
- where appropriate, password protection, encryption, tokenization, and secure socket layering to protect our Sites;
- following strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information to prevent unauthorized access to it; and
- placing confidentiality requirements on our employees and service providers.
Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any of your personal information via the Internet.
We endeavor to store your personal information for only as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, as explained in this Policy. Where your information is no longer needed, we will dispose of it in a secure manner. In some circumstances, we may store your personal information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, or accounting requirements.
If you wish to receive additional information, update contact information, or request not to be contacted for future opportunities, please email [email protected] or call (202) 735-5694.